Multiple myeloma is the first disease area to be co-launched by the Egyptian Society of Hematology & Research ”ESHR” and PlusOne health on the Manuals of practice™ website. This CME accredited online educational course is dedicated to haemato-oncology lovers; intended for Internists, medical oncologists, clinical oncologists, Hematologists and Hemato-oncologists.
This Course is sponsored by Amgen® Egypt in collaboration with leading Egyptian experts in the field. The educational videos are designed to take you through a deep dive in all aspects of Multiple Myeloma including the following:
- risk stratification
- methods of evaluation (laboratory, radiologically)
- Management of smouldering Multiple myeloma
- Upfront therapy of transplant ineligible multiple myeloma patients
- Upfront therapy of transplant eligible multiple myeloma patients
- Bone marrow transplant for multiple myeloma patients
- Maintenance and consolidation therapy for multiple myeloma patients
- Managing relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma patients
- Bone health in multiple myeloma patients
- 2020 Novel agents for multiple myeloma
This course is made Available By: Accredited By: Powered By:
1. Purpose of Activity: Give an updated and concise overview on Multiple Myeloma as a disease entity.
2. Target Audience: Internists, Hematologists, Haemato-oncologists.
3. Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma patients & specifying their risk Category.
• Treating transplant eligible & ineligible patients.
• Have a concise information on Bone Marrow Transplantation.
• Treating relapsed Multiple Myeloma patients.
• Treating Bone disease in Multiple Myeloma patients.
• Have a concise information on the Novel agents used in multiple myeloma.
• Diagnosis & treating Smoldering myeloma patients, as well as using maintenance therapy.
4. Needs Assessment: Being updated on the most recent advancements is a key success factor for all physicians. Continuous medical education ensures physicians upskill and refresh their current knowledge of their respective disease areas. PlusOne Health GmbH main objective is to offer educational and research opportunities to all; being led by academic medical professionals the organization has always been keen to organize educational events and workshops. The global COVID-19 pandemic has posed substantial challenges for physicians to physically attend traditional congresses and workshops across most Egyptian and middle eastern universities and hospitals. Creating an online platform to reach physicians is the most sensible approach for PlusOne to fulfil its mission statement for offering educational activities suitable for all physicians working in the field of hematology. In collaboration with the Egyptian Society of Hematology & research, PlusOne is keen to deliver full comprehensive educational programs for all aspects of the field of hematology. It has been decided that Multiple myeloma will the first of a series of these online educational programs.
5. Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Standards & Policies of the American Association of Continuing Medical Education® through the joint sponsorship of the Egyptian Society of Hematology & Research (ESHR). PlusOne Health GmbH is accredited by the American Association of Continuing Medical Education® to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Accreditation Review Committee designates this educational activity for a maximum of (6 credit hours) category 1 credits in the Association’s Credit Designation. Each physician must claim only those credits that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
6. Sponsorship Acknowledgment: Amgen Egypt.
7. Faculty Disclosure: It is the policy of the American Association of Continuing Medical Education® to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored educational programs. All faculty participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by PlusOne Health GmbH are required to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentations. All faculty are also required to disclose any discussions of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices.